Planning Services

The Town of Carthage offers planning information and assistance for development activities as well as coordinating the Town’s physical and community development activities. 

Planning services offered include:

  • Acting as liaison for developers .
  • Processing land use applications, text amendments to the UDO and the Land Use Plan.
  • Assisting with annexations.
  • Providing support to the Town Council, Planning Board, and Board of Adjustment.
  • Preparation of land use and small area plans.
  • Ensuring public compliance with the Unified Development Ordinance.


Town Planner

Kathy Liles

Community Plans:

Non-Discrimination Statement

This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.  

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at filing cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call 866-632-9992 to request the form.  You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form.  Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax 202-690-7442 or email at


Town of Carthage

4396 Hwy 15-501 (Town Hall)
Carthage, North Carolina 28327
Office: (910) 947-2331 
Fax: (910) 947-3079

Office hours (on non-holiday working days) are: 

Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.